Fatal Truck Accidents
Unfortunately, when an 18-wheeler is involved in an accident, serious injury or death is likely to occur. Fatal crashes happen every day in Texas and throughout the United States, often as the result of someone else’s negligence.
Grieving family members dealing with emotional distress following such a tragic incident are often unsure of how to handle the financial loss. A wrongful death claim may be the way forward to help you recover burial and funeral expenses, loss of maintenance, financial contributions, companionship, inheritance, and more.
While no amount of money will bring back your loved one, it can help provide you and your family with the financial stability you need.
What You Should Know About Us!
1. Our Truck accident attorneys in New Braunfels have a lot of experience in dealing with commercial truck accident cases.
2. We know the ins and outs of the law when it comes to these types of 18-wheeler accident cases.
3. We can help you get the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
4. We will work tirelessly to make sure that you get the justice that you deserve.
5. We have a team of investigators who will look into every aspect of your case.
6. We will make sure that all of the evidence is gathered and presented in a way that is most favorable to you.
7. We will work with the insurance companies to make sure that you are fairly compensated.
8. We will fight for you in court if necessary to get you the compensation that you deserve.
9. We have a proven track record of success in these types of cases.
You Might Have Some Questions
1. What is the average cost to me for a truck accident attorney in New Braunfels?
Personal Injury cases are taken on a contingency basis, what that means is if we do not win the case there is no cost to you. When we win we in general get 33% plus expenses
2. What is your success rate for truck accident cases in New Braunfels?
There is no definitive answer to this question as success rates for truck accident cases can vary greatly depending on a number of factors. Some of the factors that can affect the success rate of a truck accident case include the severity of the accident, the injuries sustained, the number of damages incurred, and the jurisdiction in which the case is filed.
3. What are the most common causes of truck accidents in New Braunfels?
The most common causes of truck accidents in New Braunfels are:
1. Distracted driving – This is one of the most common causes of accidents, regardless of vehicle type. When a driver is not paying attention to the road, they are more likely to make mistakes that could lead to an accident.
2. Speeding – Speed is a factor in many accidents, and trucks are no exception.
4. What are the most common injuries sustained in truck accidents in New Braunfels?
There are a number of common injuries that can be sustained in a truck accident in New Braunfels. These can include whiplash, back and neck injuries, head injuries, broken bones, and more.
Whiplash is a common injury that can be sustained in a car accident, and it can also occur in a truck accident.
5. What are the most common types of damages awarded in truck accident cases in New Braunfels?
There are many different types of damages that can be awarded in a truck accident case in New Braunfels. Some of the most common include:
1. Medical expenses: This can include both current and future medical bills, as well as any necessary rehabilitation or therapy.
2. Lost wages: If the accident has caused the victim to miss work, they may be able to recover their lost wages.
3. Loss of companionship ( if a loved one has died)
6. How long does the average truck accident case take to resolve?
The average truck accident case in New Braunfels will take anywhere from six months to two years to resolve. This is due to the fact that there are many factors that need to be taken into account when determining who is at fault in a truck accident. The first step is to gather all of the evidence, which can take weeks or even months. Once all of the evidence has been gathered, it needs to be reviewed by both the trucking company and the insurance company.
7. What are the most common defenses used by trucking companies in commercial truck accident cases?
There are a number of common defenses used by trucking companies in truck accident cases. One is that the truck driver was not at fault. This can be difficult to prove, but if the trucking company can show that the driver was not speeding, not under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and was not distracted, they may be able to avoid liability. Another common defense is that the accident was caused by a mechanical failure.
8. What are the most common settlement amounts for truck accident cases ?
There is no definitive answer to this question as the amount of any settlement will depend on a number of factors, including the severity of the injuries suffered, the amount of damages incurred, the strength of the liability case, and the insurance coverage available. However, based on our experience handling truck accident cases in New Braunfels, we can provide some general guidance on the types of settlements that may be available.
9. What are the most common trial verdicts for semi-truck accident cases?
Again there is no definitive answer to this question as it largely depends on the specific facts and circumstances of each individual case. However, some of the most common trial verdicts for truck accident cases in New Braunfels may include:
1. A finding that the truck driver was at fault for the accident. This may be based on a number of factors, including speeding, recklessness, or intoxication.
2. A finding that the truck driver was not at fault for the accident.
10. What are the most common appellate issues in truck accident cases in New Braunfels?
There are a number of common appellate issues that arise in truck accident cases in New Braunfels. One common issue is whether the trial court erred in admitting or excluding certain evidence. Another common issue is whether the trial court properly instructed the jury on the law. Yet another common issue is whether the verdict is supported by the evidence.
One common issue that arises in truck accident cases is whether the trial court erred in admitting or excluding certain evidence.
Speak to a Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a truck collision, contact us to schedule a free consultation. At the Car Accident Attorney SA Law Firm, we are committed to serving the needs of our clients by providing the highest level of experience and personal attention.
A truck accident can leave victims and their families with piles of medical expenses, vehicle repair costs, lost wages, and further losses. Contacting a personal injury attorney can help minimize the stress of dealing with these financial losses, allowing you to focus on your recovery.